hamarivani.com

www.hamarivani.com

गुरुवार, 15 जनवरी 2015

Eyes are the way to Heart! (Short Story)

          It was at the age of eight and half years that for the first time in my life I was attracted towards a girl of my school.She was junior to me. During Annual Function of the School she presented a devotional song of Mira (A famous Hindu Saint Poetess who fancied Lord Krishna as her lover. She used to write, sing and dance for Lord Krishna) along with a dance. I was mesmerized by her dance and sweet singing voice. Still her little figure while dancing and singing is alive in my mind. Time to time I used to talk with the girl but never expressed my love for her as at that young age , in those days it was a matter to be laughed at and I understood it. During the Annual examination she was seated by my side as in my school to deter the children from copying, students from different classes were seated together. I used to reach the school early and talk with her a lot. We also played games if we got time.Anyway after annual exam., I lost contact with her as I left the school. Yet I met her on a few occasions in the next two years when I visited my old school. Thereafter, I lost contact with her totally.
         It was nearly fourteen years of that incidence that I saw a girl in the city on several occcasions. My eyes would get stuck up with her.The girl was chubby and her face looked familiar to me. It occurred to me that she was a girl from my old childhood school and as I remembered another chubby girl also from that school, I thought it was the same chubby girl.I never talked with her. We just crossed our paths several times. The girl never looked towards me. One more year went by. It was one day that I was passing through the main market area of my city and the chubby girl was coming from the other side and We were on the verge of crossing our path and suddenly she looked towards me , our eyes met. Her eyes were stuck up with me and mine with hers. We could immediately recognize one another. She was my childhood thin sweetheart who had grown up into a chubby girl. When I came back to my home I wrote a poem for her in Hindi.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें